Saturday, April 08, 2006

The marauders are restless...

"7:31, 7:35, 7:50, Mom, when will they get here?"
"Not until 5:00 tonight."
"When is that?"
"Dinner time. Now come eat your breakfast."
Imagine this conversation repeated about a million times. I lost it a couple times between cleaning and baking. My guys were so excited about the party. It turned out great. The kids are so self-directed in their play at this age. I just stayed out of the way and made sure noone got hurt. It is a little hard giving up the "game leader" position though.

Now, the sleep-over gang is trying to settle down. I'd feel a lot better about going to sleep myself if they were all sleeping. My husband just went to quiet them down again. I imagine they are pretty beat after playing hard for five hours and consuming great amounts of junk food. Hmmm, it's getting quieter. Thank goodness I have bookclub to escape to in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home