Saturday, April 01, 2006

The art of the query.

I am big into the art of the query these days. I recently found a used copy of How to Write Irresistible Query Letters, by Lisa Collier Cool and also took the online "course" provided by Mridhu Khullar. (This is really a teaser to buy her query book.) I am starting to put the learning into action with queries to magazines, agents and publishers. I find that I am less afraid to act on my non-fiction ideas with a query as I only need to outline my plans as opposed to creating the entire finished piece as with fiction manuscripts. In fact, I am hoping to knock on some "closed to unsolicited manuscript" houses with fiction queries as well. I'll keep you updated.

In other news, I am expecting a slew of rejections any day now as I sent out a few manuscripts in late December and early January. I tiny diamond of hope inside is saying that I haven't received them yet because they are being considered for publication. Never the less, I am expecting Spam (not steak). Has anyone else had delays in communication from the Cricket group perhaps due to their move?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home