Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine's Day Dream

Last night, I dreamt of people in my past.

I played Yahtzee with my Great Aunt Esther, who looked great by the way. She had a full head of hair, not the wig she wore at the end of her life. One of her sisters was there as well. I’m not sure if it was my Grandmother or Great Aunt Fagi. But I watched them play and laugh. Those women had so much spunk and spirit. I tried to tell them how much I missed them, how important they were to me, but they wanted to keep the conversation light. In life, I never knew them to play Yahtzee, only cards.

My small child climbed into bed with me and they were lost.

Early this morning, I had a romantic encounter with the man who took me to my senior prom. He still had eyes that sparkled and a smile that that oozed mischief. We talked about our lives and the mistakes we’ve made. When I kissed him, he turned into my husband.

Next, I tried to fill a hammer shaped bath tub in a friend’s hotel room. I think the friends were from college or summer camp. I cranked the water and drain knobs every which way, but the water would not fill the tub. The drain and pipes began to clatter and vibrate. We all ran from the bathroom and the tub exploded from the pressure of the hot water in the pipes.

Happy St. Valentine’s Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home