Saturday, February 04, 2006

Books for February Break

The groundhog says six more weeks of winter, but the fog is feasting on snow and ice this early February morning. There is a definite spring-like feeling in the air. I know. It could be a trick. In fact, as soon as my husband goes away with the Navy arctic winds will jet stream in from Canada and put us in a deep freeze with plenty of snow. At least I'll be able to go skiing. If you are snowed in any time soon I recommend the following books written for middle grade kids: Chasing Vermeer (A puzzle and pattern based art heist mystery) Spy Mice (Mice against the rats again. This time set in the Spy Museum in Washington DC. Very clever and great fun if you've spent time in DC.) Flush (Environmental who done it with a great brother sister relationship. The lead character seemed a little too mature for me but tell me what you think.) All of these are plot driven and fun to read if you have a reluctant reader ages 10-14. Great reads for kids over February break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home