Monday, January 23, 2006

Hummingbirds and butterflies and fairies...

Oh my. It is snowing outside my window. I look out into the tops of the trees from my studio window and the branches are covered with white. The pines boughs are bending. Must be wet snow. Indeed, the snow is very sticky (dog needed to go out). Great for making snow balls and snowmen.

I just completed an exciting water color of three fairy children exploring and discovering a hummingbird and a butterfly in a garden. It is funny to turn and see snow after being "in" my summer garden setting. I'm very pleased with it and feel that it is a more marketable style than my current portfolio. I hope to work on more images in this style in preparation for the spring NESCBWI conference (April 28-30) I especially want to complete a character in a series of drawings to show consistancy. This has always been difficult for me but I think I'm just coming to terms with the fact that I need reference for drawing. If I'm working from a picture or model I think the consistancy issue would take care of itself.

Wednesday is my 35th birthday and the one year anniversary of the Maine Illustrators' Collective. Let's eat cake!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home