Thursday, May 25, 2006

Just a bad month

Things have been rought here in the Boll household. My hubby has been working crazy hours which means I've been with the kids constantly. In the entire month of May, I got mother's day off, and a few hours for bookclub last Sunday. I feel like a zombie, I'm tired and snippy. So in addition to yelling at my poor children yesterday, I yelled at myself too. "Why do you think you can illustrate, you don't know thing-one about what you are doing, you should just give up and go back to a regular job where you can make some money. Forget all this stuff about dreams and passions."

When I cooled down, I went to Applebees to pick up an application to be a "server." I figure I'm a damn good server here at home, not to mention an awesome multi-tasker. How many people do you know who can write a picture book, do the laundry, research a query,help find homework, create an illustration promo postcard, make a lunch, check email, band-aid a boo-boo, and write a blog entry at one time. Applebees here I come. At least I'll make some money. Also, I figure I'm allowed to have bad months without yelling at myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home