Thursday, June 29, 2006

Tuesday I was a bad mother

Tuesday, I left my child at baseball. No excuse, just plum forgot where he was and that he needed me. I suppose it has to do with the fact that his Dad dropped him off, he left around the same time he would for school, it rained on Monday and baseball was canceled. But the fact is that I just wasn't ready for the new schedule and I had a bad mother moment. Don't worry. When I figured it out (20 minutes after I was suppose to be there) it hit me like a ton of bricks, or a train, or any other large object that makes your heart drop to your knees and suck in air like you have to fill an entire hot air balloon. I hustled my smaller son out of the house (I had forgotten about his day camp as well) and raced (as fast I could given all of Brunswick is under construction) to the ball field. The good news is that he was never in any harm. The older kids came to the ball field for their session along with many Moms we know from school. He played happily on the playground until I showed up 45 minutes late.
Wednesday was much better and perhaps today I'll even figure out how to revise my picture book in between pick-ups and drop offs. Mama taxi ready to roll.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home