Thursday, December 15, 2005

Work slow down

I am an idea person. I love the excitment of the new idea, the start, the exploration, the gathering of information. Then things slow down. It is not that I don't follow through. Not exactly. In fact, I am a great detail person too. I love planning events and seeing them through. However, my writing projects seem to get to a certain point and then languish. Perhaps it is because there are so many now that I do not know where to start. I hear my novelist friends talk about how they are loving being with one character or another. I have so many projects going that I have not had time to become cozy with just one. Maybe it is because I have shorter writing pieces. Also, I have two non-fiction projects that require quite a bit of research to get them to submission and to tell the truth, I'm a little frustrated with doing so much work on speculation.

I'm sure that if I could get something accepted in the next few weeks it would give me the boost I need to get going again. Ofcourse there are deadlines I have given myself. Contest and grant deadlines too. These help. I also set the deadlines after the first week of January so that I can get by the holidays. They are certainly weighing heavily on me right now.

It also doesn't help that we had a snow day last Friday and they are predicting another for tomorrow. Add two days onto the end of the year, sheesh. My feeling is , make the busses tougher and get those kids to school. If school closes tomorrow, I also miss my second Friday aerobics class in a row, and I need the money for gifts and bills. Rain, freezing rain, go away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home