Monday, June 06, 2005

First the good news...

The good news is my wonderful family left me to attend the birthday party of my now three year old niece in Massachusettes. All day Sunday. All day Sunday!
First I went to my book club and didn't worry about when I left. On the way home I got lunch alone and read 1793 Fever while I ate. At home, I created three new school programs to offer for the fall and designed my brochure that I hope to mail out in the next week or so.

I also revised three or so chapters of my novel. This is where the "bad news" comes in. I think I've come to the realization that I either need to just put this novel away and chalk it up to learning or really chart and outline the whole thing and rewrite it from scratch. I probably would still use large pieces of it. I guess this is the moment that separates the what... Women from the girls? Novelists from the...I don't know? Lazy people from the hard working? My goal is to work on it until August then I am going to either send it or file it away.

I am psyched for the annual writer's schmooze that I have with friends and hope they can give me some advice.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home