Thursday, May 11, 2006

Prelude to Mother's Day

My small boy has been giving me little drawings and bits of paper with letters on it for the past week. He gearing up for Mother's Day, as in everyday is Mother's Day. He loves special occasions and holidays and this is no different.

This doesn't stop him from being his usual almost-five-year-old self: Angry and selfish one moment and cuddling, giving, and sensitive the next. We spent most of yesterday creating a mermaid puppet on my sewing machine. I sewed on the face by hand, purple button eyes, embroidered nose and mouth. I stuffed quilters fill in the top to make the face a little puffy. We added yarn hair,and purple fabric that he picked out. I measured, I cut, I sewed, I stuffed, and when I put it on his hand he looked at it and said. "We should have bought the one in the store, Mommmy."

AARGH!

Here is his Mommy fairy picture with the kiddo on the Mom's back.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home