Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Another Snow Day

Me: (trying to sound cheerful) Hey guys, it's snow day. No school.
Younger Child: Yea! Another Mama Day
Older Child: Man! I want to go to school. It's so boring here.

And you know, he's right. After five, count 'em, five snow days this winter, home is getting to be pretty boring. We have ready every book, played every game, and done every crafty schmafty thing I can do with toilet paper rolls I can think of.

The worst part is that today was going to be my long work day. The day where I have no carpool duties. This gives me an extra hour or so to be at my drafting table, or revising my novel. Instead, as you can see, I'm busy blogging. My children are totally engaged with PBS and I should be getting something done but here I am talking to you.

Here are the things I should be doing instead of kvetching.
1. Double check first two chapters of novel to send into SCBWI work-in-progress grant. Due March 15th.
2. Work on novel revision. Complete by April 15th for Ursula Nordstram Contest.
3. Complete holiday greeting card so I can submit by April 1st.
4. Keep creating new stuff. See if something really pops out at me for next promotional mailing.
5. Decide if I should buy a mailing list, buy a portfolio on Ispot or Children's Ilustration or Picture Book.
etc.

I could keep going but I should probably just get to work. It won't be long until the TV becomes boring and my children start bugging each other as an activity. Then I will bundle them up (kicking and screaming) and send them out into the windy, cold to eat snow and make snow angels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home