Thursday, June 09, 2005

Got spam

Yup. A rejection from Charlesbridge in yesterday's mail. Okay, now I go through the to revise or not to revise cycle and the researching publishers cycle. Usually, while I'm waiting for the rejections I have a good idea who it is going to next. I went to one workshop that suggests having the next envelope ready to go so you get it out right away. I think my glimmer of hope keeps me from doing that.

I wore my "Rejection Survival Kit" hat all day yesterday. I straw hat with various cards pinned to it. The card in the middle is shaped like a light bulb it says, "New Ideas. Around the brim are cards for family, friends, and hopes/dreams. It only helped in that people kept asking me why I was wearing such a silly hat. At least it keeps things light.

My figure drawing group met last night. That always makes me happy. We had a wonderful model with long braids to the middle of her back. Beautiful. I'd post some of my drawings but they are too big and would require photoshop time which is hard to find right now. Maybe later.

Another beautiful day today. A little hot, but who's complaining. Not me! Kindergarten fun day today, I painted faces of many small girls and boys wanting kitty faces, turtle tatoos, rocketships and ofcourse, snakes. "Seven days of school left," my child says to me. "Great," I reply with not enough enthusiasm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home