Friday, October 21, 2005

First frost

Frost was on the ground this morning and I failed to pick my great basil crop. I had planned to freeze cubes of pesto but I think I missed my chance. Our spring this year was non-existant. Winter and mud lingered and then suddenly it was the end of June and hot. Now it seems that fall will be a literal wash out. We got pummeled with rain and now the frost is on the pumpkins. The leaves are still on the trees though and many are still unchanged. They have been fooled by rainy warmth.

I heard from the National Cherry Blossom Poster contest. I did not win, but they are hoping to create an exhibit of the 70 entries in a gallery during the festival next spring. That would be great.

Highlights is considering a few of my poems right now and I hope to hear from them soon. I need to finish up DC for Me and submit it to Charlesbridge. Preschool Jumble is simultaneously submitted. I don't know if I'll hear anything anytime soon.

The big talk in my family is about the trip we are going to make to Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving. I can hardly believe we are talking about November. Where did the year go?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't win Anna, it was a beautiful and lyrical poster -- prehaps they were looking for more "FLASH"!!!

You can still get the Basil if you have a sunny day-- quick pick it dry it on wax paper and freeze it in little bags.

Cooking Fool (me)

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home