Monday, September 12, 2005

Competitive sports

Saturday was the first day of soccer for my six and a half year old. I spent a lot of time talking about how playing hard and having fun is most important. This is a philosophy of the soccer league as well and I was happy to hear many a parent reminding their child that the important thing was to have fun. My son, however, is very competitive by nature. Even though the coaches do not keep score during the games Isaac knows the score and who made what goal how. It happened that he made the only goal of the game and when time was up he ran to the side saying, "We won." "But the most important thing is that you were having a great time!" I say. "Right," he said (rolling his eyes at the party-line) "but when we play Josh's team we're gonna whip their butts." Oh,well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home