Friday, August 26, 2005

WAHOO!

Highlights is purchasing my pre-school fingerplay "Pigs of Summer." I got the contract in the mail today. Poems don't make a living but they certainly make me happy: Once when I write it, once when I sell it, and whenever I read them to children. My husband is happy that I've sold something to. He hopes I'll stop moping around the house for a while.

Everyone says that poetry is the foundation of all good writing. It is interesting that I've sold three poems but not longer manuscripts. To ponder: How I can keep my poetry word sense when I'm telling a longer story?

5 Comments:

Blogger Just Powers said...

Good for you!!!! We are doing a happy dance for you down here in DC!

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna, How EXCITING!!! Wahooo is exactly right! Congrats... oh and poetry is harder to write and sell, IMHO, so don't sweat the longer stuff, some of that I think is just a matter of continuous knocking on the doors!!!

AGY

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo! we in Greencastle are thrilled

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Anna! You have worked hard for this news. Be sure to get lots of copies so that your kids can each have one as they grow up.
Gail

8:43 AM  
Blogger Donna Farrell said...

Awesome news Anna!
Let us know what issue, so I can check it out!
Baby steps my girl, that book is around the corner!

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home