Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Marketing

I'm starting to address hundreds of fall promotional postcards to send to publishers, card companies, graphic designers and others. It is part of the marketing plan I have set in place for myself. This is the first year of my business and I set a goal to do one-three mailings this year. This one will be number two. The first one didn't get me any work and I don't suppose this one will either. However, it makes me feel that I am not a hobbyist and allows me to get my name and images seen. Perhaps someone of the hundreds of people will set up an "Anna J. Boll" file somewhere or stick my postcard on their bulletin board. Then some editor will walk by and say, "Hey, who is that illustrator. I have a book that she'd be perfect for." Well...you never know.

Year two goal is three mailings and possibly paying for a source book ad in Picture Book . Only if the postcards get me some work though.

1 Comments:

Blogger TamraW said...

Good luck with your mailing Anna!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home