Thursday, March 02, 2006

How do you get illustration jobs?

Okay, so it is officially March, three months have gone by and I am in the hurry up and wait mode for a batch of writing that went out in January. I am deep into my illustration mode, entering contests and reworking my portfolio for the April NESCBWI conference in Nashua, NH. Once again, I am wondering about spending the smartest marketing dollars. I'd love your comments about on-line portfolios. I've listed some below and hope that someone will chime in about whether they use an on-line portfolio service and if it has gotten them any work at all. If nothing else, you will waste a lot of time surfing beautiful portfolios. This is what keeps me from completing my own work most days.

ispot
portfolios.com
createmagazine.com
21portfolios.com
childrensillustrator.com
folioplanet
picturebook artists association

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole Tadgell said...

I am on PBAA, have my own site, a blogger page, and have my agent's site as well.

I do get work through my site, which comes up when folks do a search on my name.

Hope this helps your research!
-Nicole

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home