Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Summer Blogging

I see that other bloggers are busy this summer too. Some resorting to "reruns" of past blogs. I will give you a quick update on all things Boll.

Small child is taking tap with a "ballet warm-up." According to him, this is not real ballet like his other ballet teacher. He is eager to get back to sweet, patient Miss Elizabeth who is so talented and graceful it makes me want to wiggle into a pink leotard just to take her classes. He is also excited to go get his big boy backpack from LL Bean. His brother got to do the same before he went to Kindergarten.

Large child is finishing up a whole summer of baseball. He is itching for friends and, I think, the start of school. He said to me this morning, "Mom, can you believe I'm going into the second grade?" Hardly, darling, hardly.

Husband is starting up at the Navy tomorrow. He is usually on reserves but is going back on active duty for a six month period. The regular paycheck and health benefits will be great to have. Perhaps it will relieve some stress.

I am trying to relax and enjoy the summer with my children, work more hours at the gym for money (which would usually go to fund my author/illustrator work but is now going to the family), find bits of time to write and draw, and trying not fall asleep at 9 each night.

My list of wishes:
I wish the arts were compensated at a higher level.
I wish child care were free to parents ala Sweden.
I wish my manuscripts would be accepted already. I've had enough of pleasant rejections that tell me how adorable and exciting my ideas are.
I wish health care was free.
I wish editors could get back to writers in a more reasonable time frame.

There's more I'm sure, but that is all for now.

3 Comments:

Blogger letile said...

Can I share your list of wishes?

Big hug,
Leti

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your list of wishes! Anna, I wish that education was an equal opportunity thing, as another wish. You know where kids have access to finding out what their passion is and then develop it. Just think what the world would be like if THAT was norm...

Congratulations on the Babybug, and fingers crossed for you!

Love,
Agy

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your list of wishes! Anna, I wish that education was an equal opportunity thing, as another wish. You know where kids have access to finding out what their passion is and then develop it. Just think what the world would be like if THAT was norm...

Congratulations on the Babybug, and fingers crossed for you!

Love,
Agy

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home