Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Has spring sprung?

This will probably be a short post because kids are getting wacky. I've promised to get the bikes from the bike repair place and take them to the walking path here in Brunswick. We have this fabulous river walk that is wide and paved and great for riding, walking, skating or whatever wonderful outdoor activity you might prefer. The Androscoggin is a tidal river that goes out to Merry Meeting Bay. People fish, and boat on the river in the summer but not now. Spring has sprung and that means the river is up, up, up. Two days of hard driving rain has melted many feet of snow and rivers all over the area and they are threatening to spill over their banks. The water is tremendous to watch. It is roiling and brown and fast. It is pounding over the power dam and bullying the bridges.

I have been creating a few illustrations which I will share here and on my portfolio when I am done with the painting process. I also created a new Pond Life t-shirt design which you can see at the shop section of my website. It is created in honor of Cort new baby to my friend Heather. I am also meeting with local shop owners to try and sell my kids wear in the real world.

If I had written yesterday, I probably would have gone on about my rejection from Putnam for my Pre-school Jumble picture book. I probably would have said that they missed out on a great book, or that I really thought I had found the right publisher after the editor spoke at the New York SCBWI conference. But I'm writing today. So I won't say those things. Instead I will say, the sun is shining, the sky is blue, and I'm going biking with my kiddos.

More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home