Monday, June 20, 2005

Weekend update

What a great but very tiring weekend. Friday, I took my figure drawings to be matted. I am going to submit them to the "Figure Revealed II" show at the Lewiston-Auburn campus of the U of Maine system. It is a juried show and I am once again expecting spam. I have never entered a juried show before so we will see what happens. I have been attending the figure drawing group sporadically as they meet Wednesdays and I have meetings at least two of the Wednesdays of each month. However, I always feel great when I attend. I am proud of the work I create and that is really enough. If I am not chosen, I will be fine. (And as you know if you read this regularly, I'm pretty used to rejection.)

On Saturday, my husband and I went to a grown-up party. It has been a while since we have been out alone and even longer since we have socialized with other grown-ups. Great to blow off steam and commiserate with other parents. The hot tub was pretty great too. It was very relaxing.

Sunday, Father's Day, our family went to the Seadogs game. They let us onto the outfield a couple hours before the game for fathers to play catch with their kids. My son, huge baseball fan, stayed out there throwing ball after ball for an hour or more. Quite a bit of work for a 6 year old. He wasn't going to leave till they threw him out. Seadogs lost, but the weather was beautiful after another week of rain. My younger son never makes it through to the ninth inning. The added couple of hours at the beginning combined with the sun just wore him out. He fell asleep under my legs in the stands.

I'm trying out some new babysitters this week and hope to get some writing done this week. To do:
revise early reader mystery
novel work
gather materials for cherry blossom poster entry
tear sheets editorial/childrens separate
fall postcard mailing.
update website

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home