Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Homecomings

My husband grew up in western New York and we both went to the University of Rochester. When we drove into the rolling farmlands of New York it felt like a homecoming of sorts. Even though we were traveling in the pick-up for hours and hours, one of the best things was getting away from my car and the chauffeuring of children. We were able to enjoy the simplicity of camping. The mountains gratefully blocked any cell phone transmission. I didn't have to worry about telling my children to stop watching TV--it just wasn't there. We laughed and sang and grumped at each other. (How many jokes can a 6 and 4 year old make up that has the word poop in the punchline? I'm still counting.) My husband and I talked about what if's and the future as bugs nibbled our ankles around the campfire.

Now I'm home. I am refreshed and ready to get busy. My computer and a ton of email were waiting for me. I am glad to be back but it was great to get away.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Nothing like leaving it all behind to come back and relize what you have.

I cant think of any "poop" jokes from my youth but I do remember this one...

Q: How do you catch an elephant?

A: First your dig a huge hole and spinkle ash over the entire bottom. Then when an elephant walks by you kick him in the ash-hole :)

Oh yes the lost innocence of youth... and bad jokes too.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home