Thursday, July 21, 2005

The saga continues

Well, camp is turning out not to be a salavation after all. Instead it has resulted in a driving schedule rivled only by urban transportation systems. However, my son loves it and won't leave when I go to pick him up. He is so hungry and tired that he is grumpy and rude. Not a great homecoming at all. Today, I'm going to make sure that I have snacks and water in the car when I pick him up. I think all transitions are difficult. School to summer. Home to camp. Camp to trip. Summer to school. Kids crave consistancy and the change in schedules as difficult for me as it is for them. Maybe that is why I liked teaching so much.

I don't know when other people are making time for their art. I am getting very frustrated and I must say, sad. Not only for time alone in my studio, but also for time alone with my husband. He is a builder and this is the busy season. We have had a really hard time finding more than bits of time in the evening. At that point we are both beat and not great company anyway. I think we need a week together alone. Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home