Sunday, July 31, 2005

Work and fun

It has been a very laid back weekend. My two sons came in from the deck where they were "helping" daddy paint weather seal on the new deck. "I thought you were helping Daddy," I say. My older son replies, "It was work. Hard work." I wanted to say, I never promised you a rose garden, but since he is only six and it is hard work I let it go. I weather sealed the deck. I suppose my husband tried to sell it as "really fun to do." I guess the Tom Sawyer principle did not work in this case.

Last Thursday, my four year old and I drove to Boothbay Harbor High School where we parked our car and took a school bus to the "Books and Blooms" event. Authors and illustrators of adult and children's books were signing their books in the Botanical Gardens. It was an absolutely beautiful day and an idyllic setting (rhododendron on a rocky slope with a frog pond at the bottom) for the event. I was able to pitch the Fall Folio Feast (portfolio showcase event) to the illustrators. I'm trying to get established illustrators to tell their art directors that there are a lot of talented people worth coming to see. So anyway, the event was great but my time with my son was fabulous. He was so easy going, he loved the kids' activities at the event and the trip on the school bus made me pretty spectacular for the day. We sang and talked on the car ride and had a great time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home