Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Interlibrary Loan

I was going to gripe about noone appreciating the fact that I wash, fold and put away everyone's clothes but instead...I'm going to extol the virtues of interlibrary loan. I love interlibrary loan. I have access to books in universities and distant libraries for free if I can just be a little patient. I mentioned that I bought the Illustrator's Bible, by Rob Howard,and one of the helpful reference tips he suggests is getting a copy of the Fairburn System of Visual Reference. Well the volumes are quite expensive, some are out of print, and used ones are even more expensive for their collector appeal. Down to the library I go, fill out a form, and voila... I get a call saying it is waiting for me at my local fabulous library. Try it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home