Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Great Uncle Gilbert came to me in a dream last night. He was alive but well over 100. Grizzled with eyebrows that resembled gray long-haired caterpillars. But his smile was as kind as ever. I loved seeing him again and wanted to hold on to his playfulness. I wish I could have known my relatives as the adult I am now. To play scrabble with them (now that I know more words), hear their stories with adult ears and appreciate their experiences. He always reminds me of Gilbert in the Anne of Green Gables stories, intelligent, handsome, playful and loving.

Got a great rejection yesterday for my DC for Me poetry picture book. "Evocative poetry with a nice flow," the editor said, but she is leaving that publishing house and has to pass on the project. Geez, that's about the closest I've gotten. Maybe the tide will turn soon.

I had a great photoshop last night where we did scanning stuff. I've learned that the images on my website are scanned way to big for you all to appreciate them in a timely manner. I guess with my new cable connection I've forgotten others. I apologize and will try to remedy the situation ASAP. Which may not be right away....

We are headed to Florida next week. That sounds amazing right now because as I type, the SNOW is falling fast on the few daffodils and crocuses that have ventured to shout,"Spring!"
Yes, snow. ARGH! That's okay. It is fitting for me because six years ago I brought my new baby home from the hospital in a spring snow just like this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home